“Already tracking him” – Fabrizio Romano has just shared huge Man United transfer update

Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano claims that new board members from INEOS have already begun “tracking” the Crystal Palace player in an attempt to lure him to Old Trafford in the summer, and Manchester United is one of several teams vying for his services.

When Sir Jim Ratcliffe completed his acquisition of a 25% ownership in the team in February, he was able to assume command of football operations after protracted talks with the Glazer family. Now, ahead of the 2024–25 season, he hopes to leave his mark.

Manchester United is still considering acquisitions despite Erik ten Hag’s uncertain future due to new technical director Jason Wilcox’s decision to judge whether the Dutch tactician should remain in the position after trailing in the race for a Champions League qualification spot.

Red Devils Firmly in Race to Seal Summer Deal for Olise

Ratcliffe could take advantage of release clause 

Italian journalist Romano claims that Manchester United is vying with other teams to sign Olise after learning that the £60 million release clause in his Crystal Palace contract will go into effect when the transfer window reopens in the coming weeks.

The reputable reporter claims that Ratcliffe and other important decision-makers have been monitoring the winger, who has scored seven goals and provided four assists in spite of an injury-plagued campaign, and they have been told of what it would take to prevail in the competition to sign him.

Taking to social media platform X on Sunday morning, Romano wrote:

“Manchester United remain one of several clubs in the race for Michael Olise, as release clause in region of £60million will be active this summer.

“INEOS people already tracking him, well informed on all details but also aware of competition. He’s one of the names monitored.”

Reputable journalist Ben Jacobs previously told GIVEMESPORT that Olise is ‘tempted by the prospect of a move to Old Trafford’ after becoming one of the first names on the team sheet at Crystal Palace. Manchester United will fancy their chances of fending off rival interested parties during the summer.

Chelsea was upset when the France under-21 international passed up the chance to come to Stamford Bridge and chose to sign a new contract with his current employers instead, even though they met the £35 million release clause spelled out in his deal last August. However, he has previously turned down the chance to take on a new challenge.

Michael Olise’s statistical averages per 90 minutes this season compared to Antony
Michael Olise Antony
Shots on target percentage 33.3 31.7
Shots 3.72 2.97
Key passes 2.74 1.52
Goals 0.62 0.07
Assists 0.35 0.07
Statistics correct as of 05/05/2024 

Crystal Palace Will Not Sell Olise for Less than Release Clause Figure

South Londoners in sound financial position ahead of transfer window 

The south Londoners will be placed in a desperate situation if Manchester United activates the release option in Olise’s contract when the transfer window reopens in the coming weeks, even though he still has three years left on his Crystal Palace deal that pays £100,000 per week.

As they are in a strong financial position and do not necessarily want to see their 22-year-old star leave Selhurst Park before Oliver Glasner’s first full season as head coach, it is understood that the Eagles will not entertain moving him for less than the £60 million figure.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*